Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Well Worn


These shoes have been worn with love. They've traveled to New York and back. Been worn with pajamas, dresses, shorts, jeans and sweat pants. Green, red and polka dots - it didn't matter what pattern or color my daughter was wearing -- these shoes always finished her outfit. Riding bikes, scootering, climbing jungle gyms, swinging and playing chase. Rain, shine, dirt, grass and mud - these shoes have seen it all.

Well, the time has come to retire the pink sparkler's. Surprisingly, my daughter agreed that the shoes were falling apart. Without hesitation she was ready to place them in the garbage. I think I'm more heart broken about tossing the shoes than she is.

So, farewell pink sparkly shoes. It's been fun and memorable. Thank you for making my daughter happy. Thank you for keeping her feet dry on those rainy days. Thank you for adding that special "something" to each outfit.

You will be missed.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I can't bring myself to throw out any of Harrison's shoes. I love them all and have them all in a box.

Each shoe has a story and reminds me of our adventures together.

Glenn