Monday, February 12, 2007

Honey Facials



The skin is the largest organ of the body and yet most of us don't do enough to maintain our skin’s health. I've been washing my face with olive oil, caster oil and baking soda for some time now. I just recently switched to honey and I LOVE IT!! Honey enzymes rejuvenate the skin and act as an antimicrobial.

Every morning and night I smear the honey on my face. I massage it for 1-2 minutes and then I let it sit. Ater about 5 minues (or longer) I soak a wash cloth in warm water and gently press the cloth to my face. If I'm going to get in the shower I just allow the water to wash the honey off my face. You can use honey by itself or add other ingrediants to make different facials.

* You can mix honey and baking soda to make a mild facial scrub.

or try,

* 1 tablespoon honey; 1 egg yoke(do not use this if you are allergic to eggs);and 1 teaspoon olive oil

[Beat the egg yoke with a fork, add the oil and blend well. Add the honey using a spoon that you have rinsed with hot water and blend well again. Smear it all over your face with your fingers, except do not cover your eyes. Leave it on your face for 15 minutes, then rinse it off.]

No comments: