Sunday, July 26, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

I am joining the Simple Woman's Daybook project. Every Monday I will post and reflect on a few things that are going on in my life. This idea originated with Peggy Hostetler at The Simple Woman blog. If you want to join, please visit her site.

What a wonderful idea! I encourage everyone to set some time aside and learn to enjoy your everyday moments. Be mindful. Count your blessings! So much good happens to us but in the midst of our daily life we fail to recognize it.


For Today...

Outside my window... a drizzly wet morning. I know my grass and plants are very happy for this much needed water.

I am thinking... about my upcoming trip to Washington D.C. and New York (very excited).

From the learning rooms... I am learning about the raw food diet and how to incorporate it into my family.

I am thankful for... my husband, his job, the roof over our heads, and food on the table.

From the kitchen... a full basket of yummy apples, bananas, blueberries and lemons - just waiting to be consumed.

I am wearing... my pajamas.

I am reading... Janet Evanovich Finger Lickin' Fifteen (fun summertime read).

I am hoping... to keep the house organized while having fun with my kids.

I am creating... a tidy and organized home. I'm in the process of rearranging my kitchen cabinets and draws. I'm going through all the kids clothes and figuring out what to sell, what to donate and what to hand down.

I am going... to the gym this morning. It's a wonderful way to jump start my day.

I am praying... for health and wellness for my neighbor.

Around the house... all is quiet and dark in the wee morning hours.

One of my favorite things... waking up and having the house to myself before the rest of the family wakes up.

A few plans for the rest of the week... go to the gym, play with the kids, go to the market, get an adjustment, swim in the pool, read, organize, laundry, devote some time to my blog, remember to count my blessings, spend some time on the floor with the kids, sit on the deck and enjoy my backyard, go to the library.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you:

No comments: