One year ago today - I found the lump in my breast (May 4, 2007).
It was an early Friday morning. My daughter just woke up and I went upstairs to check on her. We said good morning to each other and decided to read books and play. At one point I laid back on the floor and put both hands on my chest. Instantly, I felt the lump in my left breast. Curiously, I began to palpate and feel this small round lump. It felt like a round marble. I remember thinking, "Huh....what is it?" The more I poked the more sensitive the area became. I decided not to touch it anymore and waited until my husband got home. I wanted to see if he could feel what I was feeling. He did. I remember him saying, "yes, I can definitely feel it."
A year later.......I sit here without my left breast and instead of my daughter waking me up this morning it was my son. So much has changed in a year. I have a feeling I will be saying this often.
No comments:
Post a Comment